Monday, May 17, 2021

D1 ENGLISH: INTRODUCTION DAY

 First formal class with Mdm Aslinda via Whatsapp Group on 8th May 2021. 

Day 1 is self-introduction day.


Grammar Points:

- 'also' after 'am': I am also a betta fish breeder.

- "I am a caregiver to my Mom, a stroke person" or "I am a caregiver to my mom who is a stroke patient"

*Additional note:  

If you can replace the word with “he”' or “'she,” use whoWho should be used to refer to the subject of a sentence.

If you can replace it with “him” or “her,” use whom Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition.

- include "a/an" when talking about someone or for who we are: I am a babysitter; I am a businessman; I am an engineer.

- setiap ayat ada kata kerja: "I am a student in Form 1" ==> in this sentence, 'am' is verb (kata kerja)

- 'an' before word that start with vowel (a, e, i, o, u)

- a or an before H is depends on the way we pronounce the word. Sometimes it's pronunciation-influenced rather than grammar-influenced

- house is a specific building, so we say "tidying the house"


- working IN school


- "I am an introvert and I love reading" [one is adjective, another is verb, thus both need I]

- ayat gabungan yang sama bentuk, boleh buang "a" for second & third person:

I am a salesperson, I am a wife, I am a mother ➡️ I am a sales persons, a wife and mother to my lovely son.


- most verb have ~ing: listening to radio; i like swimming; i like sketching

- I am staying at...: after am, verb~ing


- when stating hobby reading novels, must be plural form as we read a lot of novels, not just 1

- plural form: various odd jobs; foreign languages


- careful when using 'pet' as verb. Some animal like fish, we cannot pat them, so we can't pet fish (as verb). 

1) I pet cat and fish

2) I have a cat and a fish as pets ✔️


- lepas due to mesti guna kumpulan kata nama, jadi boleh guna bacause atau as sebagai ganti:

"I want to improve my English Language as my current portfolio requires me to deal with foreign people".


- 'Even though' and 'but' cannot be in one sentence:

"Even though my English writing is not excellent, I always read novels to improve my English"


- everyday = harian; every day = setiap hari

1) She wears her everyday clothes to the important function.

2) She walks to her office every day.


Note: this * additional note is from my own Google search 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment